This quick and delicious Blondie recipe is one you want to always have on hand when your sweet tooth is rearing "its ugly head".
You can use sweet potatoes or yams. I have used both. I use the sweet potatoes when I need a little something sweet. I use the Yams when my sweet tooth is out of control. ;)
Original "Cinnamon Sweet Potato Blondies"recipe from the "Plant Paradox Cookbook". The recipe below is a modification from the original.
What You'll Need:
Coconut Oil or Avocado oil to grease your pa
1/3 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
4 Tbsp of Monk Fruit Sweetener
1 cup of yam puree (from baked Yams)
1 cup coconut milk
2 omega-3 or pastured eggs
2 cups blanched almond flour
3 Tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp iodized sea salt
What You'll Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a brownie or bread loaf pain with avocado or coconut oil.
2. Using a blender, or food processor with the S-blade, cream together the coconut oil and Monk Fruit Sweetener.
3. Mix in the yam puree, coconut milk, and eggs.
4. Add the flours, spices, vanilla extract, and salt and mix well.
5. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, and the tops are golden brown.
7. Let cool to room temperature before cutting.
Store at room temperature in an air-tight container or fridge for 3 to 4 days.
A fitness junkie from birth, Michele was destined to make exercise and healthy living her life's passion. For over 25 years, Michele has motivated many as a personal trainer, healed hundreds as a massage therapist, transformed thousands as a Pilates instructor, captivated countless as a Kettlebell competitor/coach and soothed the souls of several as a Birthing Doula. With an eye toward adventure and a lust for travel and all things active, Michele can't wait to take on the next 20 years.